Name: ____________________________ Date: ________________
Color Challenge Activity: Thinking about dragon color off-line
GenScope Materials: The Dragon Genome reference sheet
1. Is it possible for a gold dragon to have an azure baby?
If so, list all the possible colors
that the father could be:
Explain your answer.
2. A gold firebreathing dragon and a Topaz non-firebreathing dragon want to have a baby girl that breathes fire.
b. What genes are needed to produce a baby dragon like this?
3. Is it possible for an emerald dragon to have an azure baby?
These two dragons mate and produce a bunch of baby dragons (offspring). List all of the possible colors for the babies below. Include an explanation using the color genes involved.
5. A gold dragon (which doesn't breathe fire) mates with a bronze dragon (which also doesn't breathe fire). Can they have an amethyst baby which breathes fire?
6. An emerald dragon which doesn't breathe fire and an azure dragon mate. Would it be possible for them to produce a bronze dragon which does not breathe fire?
[ Table of Contents ] [ Previous Activity: Exploration of the Human Species ] [ Next Activity: Bronze and Gold ]
What genes do you need to produce a bronze dragon?
Why are there different sets of colors for male and female dragons?