GENSCOPE ACTIVITY: POPULATION STUDIES...BLOOD TYPES
Submitted by Anonymous
Teacher Note: Place the students in pairs in front of the computers.
Open GenScope, using the Human species.
Create a male and a female.
Using the chromosome tool give the male type O blood and the female type AB.
Click on the population button.
Change 25 new organisms to 0.
Click and drag the two humans you created onto the blank population screen.
Click on Options on the menu bar and select population options.
- Age to 100
- Maturity to 1
- Gestation to .1
- Offspring dispersal to 40
- Population limit to 100
- Sense range to 100
- Click O.K.
- Predict what you think will occur after one generation...two generations....8.
- Click on start to run the simulation.
- Record the progress of the simulation as it runs. Press stop at any time and start again.
- Stop the simulation after 8 generations.
- Compare and contrast your results with the other groups in the class. Were they the same? Why or why not?
| Back to Joyce's Journal | Activities Index |